I get a series of questions all the time.
- How do I switch careers to be a developer?
- How do I become a data scientist?
- How do I add intelligence to my code?
- How do I get a job in distributed computing?
- How do I code more analytically?
The answer to these questions are pretty much all the same. Step 1, learn about it and build one piece of software focused on that goal. Step 2, go for it, just do it. So that said, Microsoft has a fantastic resource, Microsoft Virtual Academy, which provides free training around various topics from entry level to advanced. This article focuses on a learning plan with MVA to attain the goal of becoming an Analytics Developer.